Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Associate Manager, Food Safety and Microbiology position.
As an Associate Manager, Food Safety and Microbiology for Hill’s Pet Nutrition, you will be responsible for ensuring food safety integrity through the development, management and improvement of the food safety programs for all Hill’s manufacturing sites. The food safety programs include, but are not limited to: GMPs, HACCP, Pre-Requisite Programs, Cleaning and Sanitization, Environmental Control, Finished Product Release and other food safety and microbiological support as needed. Lead corporate microbiological training programs.
This position is accountable for the reporting of food safety and microbiological data. Also, this position must ensure the interpretation of the data is correct, the results are effectively communicated to management, and corrective actions are adequately executed and documented. You will also provide guidance to Product Development on microbiological risk, troubleshooting and technical research projects, guidance on raw material micro susceptibility and required information on methods and specifications and drive food safety improvements via internal audits and lead the food safety component for external audits (contract manufacturers & labs, suppliers, etc.) as part of the Divisional Quality Team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure programs are developed, implemented and working to meet all food safety requirements. Provide leadership to plant food safety teams concerning:
- Colgate Quality Standards
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certified audit schemes (SQF).
- Track KPI progress and drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve food safety controls across the Supply Chain. Provide direction on food safety CEB initiatives.
- Develop tools and provide training for all food safety initiatives and programs.
- Maintain current understanding and communicate regulatory requirements that impact Hill’s food safety programs. Lead food safety validation initiatives.
- Lead root cause analysis and CAPA for all food safety issues.
- Responsible for food safety leadership during ESM audits at raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Basic qualifications include:
- Master of Science (Microbiology, Food Science or related scientific field)
- 7+ year experience in food/pet food quality, food/pet food manufacturing or product safety with a focus on microbiological control
Preferred qualifications include:
- Ph.D in Microbiology, Food Science, or related scientific field
- 3+ year supervisory or managerial experience
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Employees at our global headquarters also enjoy:
- Bring your dog to work day, every day!
- Summer hours (off early on Fridays)
- Work-Smart Program with options to flex your hours or work from home
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.