Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Pet Territory Manager for our Pet Channel, based out of your home office in or around Lexington, Kentucky.
As a Pet Territory Manager for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will be part of a district sales team ensuring high levels of customer service and delivery of our industry-leading, premium dog and cat food products to an assigned group of 80-100 pet store accounts. You will be part of a premier global company with cutting edge products substantiated by the best Research and Development. You will be supported by the best training in the industry and world-class marketing and sales lead programs. The Lexington, KY based Territory Manager will cover from Lexington to Knoxville, Tennessee, Asheville, North Carolina, and Charleston, West Virgina. You can anticipate approximately 7-8 overnight stays per month for this territory.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage an account base of retail pet stores, delivering volume, net sales, consumption and new item distribution objectives.
- Promote and merchandise Hill's products and services
- Deliver training seminars to store associates to educate them on the superior economic and nutritional value of Hill's pet diets and products
- Contribute to pets' well-being by driving endorsement of our products by pet store staff
- Develop creative account specific strategies to drive results
- Implement promotional & educational programs and tactical sales plans to exceed goals
- Rollout new product launches and increase in-store presence and market leadership for all products
- Stay abreast of competitive climate in assigned territory
- Achieve calls per day objectives
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Bachelor degree required
- 2 or more years prior retail field sales experience, managing an account base with tactical call planning OR college graduate with a recent, sales focused internship.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, email and mobile applications
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Some overnight travel is required, approximately 7-8 nights per month
- Prior consumer packaged goods experience.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and presentation skills, highly competitive, tenacious, and self-motivated
- Ability to relocate within one to three years for future opportunities
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Drive to grow and build a territory and a passion for pets
- Good analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
- Good work ethic, professional appearance and approach, high integrity
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Hill’s Territory Managers also enjoy:
- Fully paid company vehicle
- 26% target bonus
- Company provided home office equipment, laptop, and iPad
- $5,000 Company assistance for candidates required to relocate
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.