Salary Grade Range: Hourly - Hourly
Employee Referral: $500.00 US Dollar
No Relocation Assistance Offered
Tom’s of Maine, a leading natural personal care manufacturer, is seeking Making Technicians who are responsible for the manufacture of natural oral and personal care products while delivering excellence in safety, quality and productivity. The role supports new product and process development. The Technician is also supportive of the Tom’s of Maine Mission and site requirements as needed such as participation on cross-functional teams, leadership for community events, volunteering, and working on maintenance/housekeeping projects.
- Safety - Ensure all EOHS requirements (Environmental Occupational Health and Safety) are met while handling materials and operating equipment.
- Quality - Ensure all quality systems (Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures) are followed during all manufacturing and all cleaning and sanitization (C&S) processes.
- Productivity – Ensure completion of each batch within its cycle time. Minimize downtime, changeover time, material waste, and scrap.
- Leadership – Promote teamwork to achieve all goals for the Process Area and the factory. Take initiative to identify issues and offer continuous improvement actions in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Safety – Understands and is accountable for full compliance with Minimum Safe Behaviors and other safety requirements. Specific examples include ergonomics, personal protective equipment, and powered lift operation. Environment requires following all procedures for waste handling, disposal, spill control, and water minimization.
- Quality - Understands and is accountable for following all Quality, Good Manufacturing Processes, and Micro [C&S Guidelines] standards and guidelines. Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures during all activities. This includes documenting every weight, batch number, mixture addition, and equipment C&S with accuracy and neatness to meet FDA guidelines. This also includes partnership with Quality on GMP improvement projects, sampling, and root cause analysis. Performs Housekeeping activities as per established protocols.
- Productivity – Responsible for efficiency of workflow for weighing, charging, and cleaning activities throughout the Make Area during the shift. Minimizes downtime to reduce batch cycle time. Completes batch changeovers quickly and prepares for the next incoming shift. Meets business needs by flexing scheduled work hours or contributing additional work hours when needed.
- Leadership – Responsible for Factory Performance & Reliability work such as visual workplace organization and housekeeping. Works with other employees and management on continuous improvement projects and process design.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow all procedures, and neatly document tasks with precision.
- Accuracy to maintain inventories of each material with batch control using math skills.
- Mechanical skills to set up, operate, and clean equipment with a focus on safety.
- Computer skills to operate controls (such as Programmable Logic Controller, scale interface, handheld scanner, SAP computer transactions, computer email) with skill as trained.
- Leadership to take initiative for continuous improvement and act according to Managing With Respect principles.
- Teamwork to work closely with others to achieve shared goals.
- Communication skills with ability to understand and assess team production performance via visual, written, and verbal communications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or Technical degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Able to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly with or without accommodation.
- Work on feet for extended periods in a fast-paced environment with or without accommodation.
- Meet shift requirements with excellent attendance.
- Work mandatory overtime including weekend work when needed.
- Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally express ideas.
Are you interested in working for Tom's of Maine? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.