Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Emporia, Kansas, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Finance Technician position located at our Emporia, KS manufacturing facility.
As a Finance Technican you will provide the plant with value-added reports and analysis to achieve budget goals and support continuous improvement activities relating to Finance. Payroll processing and overall management of the payroll process, including working with all departments to ensure accurate and timely payroll records are reported and kept. Company Store overall management, including inventory management and execution of all company store transactions.
- Assist in month-end close activities: preparing and submitting journal entries, working with budget owners to develop accruals, preparing expense and balance sheet account reconciliations and preparing detailed spending reports (overtime, temporary workers, etc.).
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll. This includes collecting and reviewing for accuracy all time records, importing the data to the Colgate Business Services team, resolution of all discrepancies and reporting as needed.
- Work with Plant Controller and Finance Team Leader to prepare accurate and detailed reporting of overtime spending by reason code vs. Budget/Latest estimate.
- Collaborate with Plant Human Resources to validate absenteeism and paid time off to ensure accurate payroll reporting and payroll-related accruals.
- Administering all functions related to the plant Company Store, including ordering and stocking of supplies, ordering product, cash register maintenance and running the store one day a week. Individual will work closely with the Finance Team Leader on weekly deposit reconciliations and review & counting of inventory levels.
- Create purchase requisitions and convert to purchase orders after approval as requested.
- Monitor purchase order reports in eBuy and SAP to ensure timely and accurate goods receipts.
- Drive improvement activities in accounts payable to reduce transactional costs and increase value-added reporting capabilities to the plant, including working with plant personnel to ensure timely resolution of invoices in query resolution.
- Administration of new vendor set up, master vendor list and filing systems.
- Participate in capital project closures in coordination with the plant Engineering team and Plant Controller to include verification of payments and supporting documentation, reconciliation of vendor spending reports to SAP account activity and reconciliation of capital purchase commitments.
- Participate in monthly cycle counts and full physical inventories, assisting in researching inventory variances.
- Participate in the preparation of the plant’s annual operating budget, latest estimates and standard costs.
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit monthly and annual testing, as it pertains to all internal control SOPs.
- Participation on cross-functional teams and special projects, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5+ years of prior accounting and/or financial experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment, OR Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with no work experience.
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to work extended hours when necessary to meet work demands
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance and Experience with finance (SAP) and payroll (ADP eTIME) systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in cost accounting, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to research and resolve invoice issues, while working with different parties (vendors, budget owners and various corporate finance departments).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional areas in a team work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Employees at our Emporia Plant also enjoy:
- Potential to earn quarterly bonus based on achievement of plant goals
- Allowance for uniforms and steel-toed shoes
- Free uniform laundry service
- Allowance for prescription safety glasses
- Company store offering low-cost Colgate-Palmolive and Hill’s products
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.