Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Emporia, Kansas, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Compliance Team Leader position based at our manufacturing facility in Emporia, Kansas.
As a Compliance Team Leader for Hill’s Pet Nutrition, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the manufacturing site’s quality systems and regulatory compliance including:
- Regulatory Compliance: Understands and influences the implementation of all plant, company and government standards for Food Safety, HACCP, GMP’s and FSMA initiatives.
- Documentation / Communication: Lead, implement, monitor and control the Document Control programs that assure all documents related to the product quality meet the requirement of the 26 Global Quality Standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food Safety / Preventative Controls Program, Pre-requisite Programs and FSMA requirements.
- Standardization and Training: Delivers Hill’s quality training of SOP’s and Quality Standards to the site and ensures proper implementation to the plant personnel. Ensure the Validation Program, Calibration Program and associated protocols are in compliance with regulatory requirements and are followed. Monitor and report Customer Complaint trends and history. Ensures all complaints are fully investigated and documented.
- Continuous Improvement: Lead the continuous improvement of the site in creating and maintaining an Internal Audit Program, Management of Change, Corrective & Preventive Action, and Non-conformance program to improve Food Safety and cGMP compliance at the site.
- Product Release: Supervise product release process to ensure all documents related to production are reviewed for all finished product release criteria, HACCP and cGMP compliance prior to release.
- Manage Direct Reports: Directs & schedules work, conduct performance appraisals, conduct training and manages work performance of non-exempt / non-supervisory Quality personnel.
- BS degree or higher in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Food Science or other related degree
- 5 or more years manufacturing experience in a Food or Drug/GMP environment (human or pet)
- 3 or more years experience in a Quality related field
- 3 or more years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations
- Experience in managing regulatory inspections
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety, FSMA, Statistical Process Controls
- Extensive knowledge of Colgate Quality Standards and Systems
- Certification in HACCP or Food Defense
- Certified Auditor
- SAP experience
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.