Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Customer Service Representative – Route Delivery Driver position.
Customer Service Representative – Route Delivery Driver – Class B CDL license
As a Route Delivery Driver for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will work as part of a sales/delivery team ensuring high levels of customer service and delivery of our premium dog and cat food products to an average of 15 customers daily such as veterinary clinics, breeders, farm stores, and pet stores. You will be driving a modern, clean, air conditioned straight truck or tractor/trailer with a lift gate and an AM/FM Stereo. Some equipment has an automatic transmission. You will work 40-48 hours per week over 4 days.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Safely operate a straight truck or tractor/trailer, complying with Federal, State, Local laws and Hill's guidelines
- Deliver pet food bags and cases in locations without loading docks, utilizing ramps, walkways and/or stairs
- Stock and rotate product for customers using a handcart, lifting pet food bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs each
- Provide friendly customer service and on-time, damage free products
- Process product returns, credits and coupon redemptions consistent with company policies
- Maintain manifest and delivery documentation, DOT and vehicle logs using on-board computer
- Assist Sales with product promotions and provide feedback on market condition changes.
- High school diploma or GED
- Class “A” or "B" CDL
- 2 or more years of professional driving experience with a Class “A” or "B" CDL with air brake endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of background check including Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, pull, and push product weighing up to 75 pounds handling up to 14,500 pounds of product a day
- Ability to handle a handcart with 300 pounds of product stacked up to 55 inches high (may use forklift or pallet jack on occasion)
- Ability to drive the truck for at least 3 continuous hours up to a 14 hour work day
- Willingness to work in all types of weather
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to our other company facilities to assist with delivery of routes
- Willingness to work overnight routes.
- Willingness to wear and maintain company uniform
- Willingness to learn new skills and work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a High Commitment Work System
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
In addition, Route Delivery Drivers for Hill's Pet Nutrition receive:
- Up to 15% quarterly bonus paid on gross wages and based upon meeting individual and group performance goals
- Company uniforms and steel-toed boots
- Opportunity to work in a great team environment
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.