Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Tom’s of Maine, Ajax, Fabuloso, Haci Sakir, elmex, and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
Location: New York, New York, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
Colgate-Palmolive welcomes candidates for the role of Junior Brand Design Manager. As a Jr. Brand Design Manager, you must have passion for creating great brand experiences and be up for the challenge of helping transform a CPG powerhouse into a design-integrated, industry leading company.
Our Junior Brand Design Managers demonstrate a love for all things brand experience. They are fluent translators, turning brand strategy into effective brand experience design solutions that meet marketing and business objectives for US and Global Divisions across 2D and 3D packaging, digital platforms, retail environments, and e-commerce.
This role reports to the Senior Design Manager of Global Design & Packaging.
- Direct projects in concert with Senior Design Manager and Design Manager of Global Design & Packaging.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to develop Design Briefs and Project Plans and ensure smooth workflow on all assigned projects.
- Drive packaging excellence with internal and external design partners.
- Lead, design and deliver presentations.
- Manage project timelines and design budget effectively.
- Be responsible for maintaining standards and brand equity consistencies against an assigned brand.
- Ensure seamless project transition from the design phase through production phase and responsible to assure print quality (audit of printing vendor with procurement, print production feasibility meetings, proofing pre-press, ink targets, color standards, conducting post production reviews).
- Manage resources (photographers, Illustrators, internal and external design and production partners).
- Effectively communicate creative strategy to influence design solutions.
- Champion Colgate-Palmolive’s design philosophy and standards.
- Participate in design dialogue.
- Maintain accurate and timely project documentation.
- Supports Senior Design Manager
- Design College Degree.
- 5+ years professional experience in design, brand or related creative industry.
- Working knowledge of necessary software applications and platforms.
- Hands-on packaging design skills.
- Digital design experience very welcome.
- Deep understanding of the principles of great design systems (i.e., color theory; typography, layout composition, shape language)
- Able to effectively and calmly ‘juggle’ multiple assignments at one time.
- Confident decision maker.
- Great Communicator.
- Good Presenter. Have a point-of-view
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Global Perspective. Curious about business.
- Planning/Priority Setting/Project Management.
- Manage Ambiguity by adapting with agility to new demands and challenges.
- Consumer/Customer Focused.
- Great team player. Collaborative mindset.
We are unable to consider candidates for this role who will require U.S. employment visa sponsorship now or in the future
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.